1. I am n I have ever been in my entire life. I don’t even really think that is much of an exageration either. This week I’ve got three tests, a paper due Monday, one due Tuesday, and to be honest things are starting to get to me. There are peroids where I just lie face down on the bed for five minutes. But then I’m getting And I must apologize for my lack of blogging lately, I really I can do.
2. I have been knitting . . . not that much really. I don’t think I’ve done this little knitting in a week for years. (Another reason for the lack of blog content.) I’m still working away on the Stonington Shetland Shawl. I’m on the border right now, but I haven’t even finished a full repeat of it. I started that either Monday or Wednesday — I can’t remember which. (I know I was in History, that was it. I Googled lace edgings and started knitting one right in the middle of class. I was bored, and I was sitting near the back.) But I still haven’t even done a full repet of the pattern, so I’m not sure if it is a keeper. Let me show you a pic.
Not much to look at, I know, but It mean a lot to me. It was mostly knit while waiting for classes to start and while reading text books. Someday it’ll be great. (Sort of like a college education.)
3. I am working tiwce as hard this semester as I did last one, but yet I’m getting worse grades. I don’t know how this is happening, but I don’t like it. My father will most likely freak out if I bring home anything less than an A, and I’m not sure that I will be able to manage that. Another reason I’ve jsut been so heartsore recently.
4. My roommate and I aren’t really getting along. My old one moved out, and this one moved over break, and while we co-exist, things are often awkward and cold between us. He isn’t very friendly. He’s one of one word answer type guys, who simply want to go to the gym, get a girl, and get drunk. then you’ve got me, on the other half of the room, with my books, and yarn, cozy to the extreme, old movie posters and James Taylor. Different people entirely. Not like the old one and I were much better, but we still conversed and go along. I’m just hoping this one will just feel awkward and move out soon.
5. Another reason for the radio silence would be the lack of computer in my life. Last time I visited home I forgot my charger, so the thing has been a big black waste of space since then. Of course, I has to have the kind of computer that no one else has, so I can’t borrow a friend’s charger. Also, I can’t find my flash drive Either, so you can imagine how fun it was to write all those papers. (Which are pretty much done by the way.) This entry is being written on my tablet, witha keyboard hooked up. And I complained about the lack of S. (Which also explains some of the grammar oddities in this entry. I am the world’s worst English major.)
6. On a brighter note, I did have a wonderful complement paid to me the other day. I was working on a paper in College Writing, for the same class , and I asked her if she would read it. (She’d already done that for the entire class — she knows that I am an Englsih major and I feel like I’ve got higher expectations beacuse of this.) She read it and said that she really liked my writing style, and then told me that I should apply for a few internships in New York publishing houses over the summer. I was flabbergasted, but also very flattered. I probably wouldn’t be able to take any of them (can’t afford it), but I still would like to try for it.
7. I think that’s about it for now. Funny, I thought I had so much to write, but it turns out that I didn’t have that much to say. Most of my stuff now is pretty personal, and that isn’t something that I’d care to plaster all over the internet. (Hint, it involves my life as an adult, and all those adult things.) I will try to keep you all better posted though. .