1. WordPress just ate about 90% of what was a really good blog post. I’m not happy about this. And it’s acting up, so no pictures. I’ll try again for tomorrow.
2. This is my 100th post here at WordPress. I’m so proud to have made it this far, and here’s to another 100!
3. I reached the point on the saddle-shouldered sweater where it was time to unite the body and sleeves all on one big needle. That went well, as did the part where you knit an inch or so, so the armhole isn’t all distorted. The trouble came when you start decreasing. She doesn’t tell you that the decreases are supposed to nibble away at the body till you have a certain amount of stitches, then nibble away at the sleeves. That’s what I would say, but instead, she words in some cryptic Elizabeth way where you place markers in the first and last stitches of the front and back, then you knit to this point, ssk, knit to one stitch before next marker K2tog, or something similar. I just couldn’t get it. All I wanted to do was slap some color work in there and call it a day, right? Isn’t that what I always do? But no, I went on.
4. And I’m very glad that I did. I don’t know how the shaping will fit, but I love the way it looks, and, once you figure out what she means, it’s fun to knit too. I predict an all nighter here soon to finish this one up.
5. I start a new job tomorrow, one that I’m nervous as hell about, and under qualified to do. It’s a tutoring job, and thankfully it’s for a test that I’ve taken and done well on, otherwise there is no way that I could do it. I feel like they’re paying me too much for what little I bring to the table too. A trained tutor, who’s done things like college and had other clients, can ask for about sixty dollars an hour. I’m getting twenty and I was so embarrassed to ask for that. I’m also going to try to keep my age a secret too, because the girl I’m working with is two years older than me. And, to add coals to the fire, I’ve only got one month to work with her, where I should have at least two. So I’m pretty freaked out about this.
6. Not to mention I’ve still got all my other work to do, the writing, bookshop, clothing shop, and my own studies to keep up with, and someone here does have to do the dishes and cook dinner, so you can see that things are starting to take a turn for the busy tonight.
7. But I think, think, that if I keep working at it, then I’ll be able to keep up with it all, and still earn about an hour of knitting in the evening. We’ll see how this goes, but I am pretty sure that it is possible. I may have to cut back a little on the Buffy but I’m fine with that.
8. I’m still working on the Rorschach sweater, I’ll show you a pick later. All these good intentions.