1. Garter Stitch- I know, right! Lots of knitters don’t like this because they say that it’s boring, but I don’t think so, more so zen than anything else. It’s sturdy and satisfying the way that baking bread is, though I wouldn’t dream of baking anything in this heat, though it has cooled off. I don’t know how long this will last though, because I’m knitting little garter stitch things out of pretty yarn, and it may have more to do with the project than with the stitch. But let me tell you that it’s great for reading while you knit.
2. Running – My love for this waxes and wanes about weekly. I’m currently in the phase of waxing, and I hope to stay there for a while. It, like garter stitch, is also very medative and contemplative. It’s funny, as you run along, how your train of thought moves, I get some of the oddest ideas in my head while I’m running. Lots of other writers say that it’s a great time to think about their characters and plots, but I think that it’s a great time to plan knitting.
Some weeks, I love running, and I look forward to my little “me” time in the morning, with just me, my thoughts, and that pain in my right shin. In those times I push my self to run farther and faster, with more feeling.
Then I have weeks where I simply run, not because I want to, but simply to keep the ex on the ex-husky kid, these are generally short runs, that I don’t enjoy, and are mostly a pain in the ass. (Though it wasn’t to fun when I nearly threw up this morning.)
3. My new running shoes – $3.99 at Goodwill baby!
4. Spinning – Though not as much as I should be. Friday and Saturday were days where I spun a few yards, just to say that I spun. Sunday was a big spinning day, I finished the singles and started the big ole’ ply fest.
5. The current book – This is number four for yours truly, and I’m in the phase where I’ve already made up my mind how it’s going to end (or its made up it’s mind about how it’s going to end) so now we just have to work on bringing it to that point. Like lots of other things of this list, it’s getting really medative too. I’m also starting to wonder what to non-writers do with all their thinking time. What do they do without another world for them to slip in when they’re lonely, or scared or sad? This book has served as something of a lifeline for the past few months, a place for me to slip in when things get rough and I don’t want to deal with people.
6. Plans – to stay a week with friends at the end of the month, about five or so hours away. This is as close to a vacation as I’ll be getting this year, and I’m looking forward to it quite a bit.
7. Allen – as in Ginsberg, and how very gay he was.
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Even though I’ve seen all of them, I’m still re-watching them. There’s a lot that I forgot, and I’m skipping the ones that I thought were really stupid. (Xander as a demonic hyena for instance.) I watched two last night.
9. Reaching the end of this list, and this post. Have a great Monday, it only comes once a week.